NCAA Eligibility Requirements
- NCAA Division 1 and Division 2 require 16 core courses. 10 of the core courses must be completed before the start of the seventh semester of high school. These 10 courses become “locked in” and cannot be retaken for grade improvement.
- Division 1 uses a sliding scale to match test scores and core grade-point average.
- Division 2 requires a minimum SAT score of 820 or an ACT sum score of 68, and a minimum core GPA of 2.0
- The SAT scores used for the NCAA is only the critical reading and math sections.
- The ACT score used for the NCAA is the sum of the four sections: English, math, reading, and science
- Only approved NCAA courses will be used to calculate the core GPA. The list of these courses can be found at www.eligibilitycenter.org